Serious accidents can leave individuals without the physical or economical means to provide for their families as they recover. What begins as an unfortunate circumstance can quickly become a nightmare as bills pile up and emotions come into play. Thankfully, injured individuals can sometimes claim compensation for their troubles by filing a “personal injury case.”
Injuries can happen in a variety of ways, so personal injury lawyers generally practice in a variety of specific areas. Examples of such areas include:
- Car accidents: covers specific cases such as truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, rollover accidents, auto defects, speeding accidents, drunk driving, and more
- Nursing home negligence: covers physical abuse, sexual abuse, negligence, malnutrition/dehydration, and other forms of mistreatment that occur in nursing homes
- Medical malpractice: covers birth injuries, improper treatment, surgical errors, lack of informed consent, and other forms of medical misjudgment
- Construction accidents: includes a variety of worksite risks (such as electrocution and slip and fall accidents) that should be mitigated by proper safety regulations and safe work practices
- Product liability: covers defective consumer products such as household appliances, childcare products and toys, dangerous drugs, defective vehicles, and more
- Wrongful death: covers deaths that may have been caused by negligence or recklessness
Of course, cases can also occur outside these bounds in a variety of complex circumstances.
Why hire a personal injury lawyer?
As one of the top personal injury lawyers in Chicago explains, an experienced legal representative can help you “aggressively pursue” compensation for your injuries. Personal injury lawyers can help you hold your injurer legally accountable for the damage that they have caused.Read More